Class, determination, perseverance, discipline are the phrases that define Ross Taylor. Taylor has given his services to the Blackcaps for 16 years with competence. Ross is a classy batsman who is a good fit for all three formats of the game. Slog sweep and flick are the favorite shots of the reliable Kiwi batsman. As this year, Taylor will announce retirement from international cricket, let’s have a look at some interesting facts about Ross Taylor.
Interesting Facts About Ross Taylor
- Luteru Ross Poutoa Lote Taylor was born on 8th March 1981 in Lower Hutt Wellington. His father is from New Zealand and his mother belongs to the Samoa village of Saoluafata.
- The 6ft 1-inch batter completed his schooling from Palmerston North Boys High School and afterward, he went to Wairarapa college.
- Before grinding hard in cricket, Taylor was a skillful hockey player.
- In domestic cricket, Ross Taylor played for Central Districts, making his debut in 2003.
- Ross Taylor was also a part of the New Zealand U-19 side in 2001.
- The ace batsman made his first appearance in international cricket on 1st march 2006 against West Indies. He scored only 15 runs in this match.
- Taylor was born for breaking records only, he is the highest run getter in ODI for New Zealand, 8581 runs in 233 matches.
- The stupendous right-hand batsman was equally good in tests too, he tops the chart of amassing the most test runs for New Zealand with 7683 runs in 112 games.
- The kiwi middle-order batter has smacked 40 centuries, which is the most by any player of New Zealand.
- Ross became the first player to play 100 matches in all three formats for New Zealand.
- Taylor’s spectacular innings of his test career was 290 at Perth in 374 balls, the runs were scored against the bowling lineup consisting of Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, and Josh Hazlewood.
- New Zealand won the inaugural edition of the World Test Championship in 2021 against India at Southampton. Taylor accumulated 11 and 47* in the match and also hit the winning runs.
- The Kiwi legend’s jersey number is 3.
- Ross Taylor got married to Victoria in 2011, they have three childs together.
- Taylor’s estimated net worth is $10 million.