Pace, bounce, accuracy, and consistency sum up lanky Australian fast bowler Pat Cummins. One of the ferocious bowlers of the current generation can set the tune in any format of the game with ease, such is his elegance. Today the Aussie seamer is celebrating his 29th birthday, let us have a look at some interesting facts about Pat Cummins.
Interesting Facts About Pat Cummins
- Pat Cummins was born on 8th May 1993 in Westmead, New South Wales.
- Cummins grew up with his two brothers and sisters in Mount Riverview, Blue Mountain.
- Aussie legend Brett Lee is his idol, later Cummins had the privilege to share the dressing room with Lee in South Wales in domestic cricket.
- At the of three, Pat Cummins lost the top of his middle finger following the accidental door slam by her sister, but still, he has managed to become one of the best fast bowlers of all time.
- Cummins is the youngest Australian to get a central contract from cricket Australia at the age of 18 in 2011.
- At the age of 18, Cummins played his first test match against South Africa in 2011 in Wanderers, took 7 wickets, including a 5 wicket haul, and got the Man of the Match award.
- In 2019, Pat Cummins bagged 59 wickets in 12 matches, the highest in that year, leading him to become the 2019 test player of the year.
- The ace seamer became the first Australian bowler to take the full-time captaincy in test in 2021 before the Ashes 2020-21. Australia whitewashed England for 4-0 and ended the marquee tournament as the leading wicket-taker, with 21 wickets in 4 matches.
- Cummins was a part of the 2015 world cup winning Aussie squad, but he played in 4 games only.
- In 2022 IPL, the 6 ft 4-inch bowler became the joint-fastest to hit a fifty in 14 balls against Mumbai Indians.
- Pat Cummins’s nickname is Cummo.
- Pat Cummins has an estimated net worth of $41 million.
- Cummins wears jersey no 30.
- The right-hand quick got engaged to his longtime girlfriend Becky Boston in 2020. They have been blessed with a baby boy called Albon Boston Cummins.