Rishabh Pant is a perfect mixture of aggression, entertainment & class. Pant came into the limelight after the 2016 U19 World Cup in Bangladesh, where India lost to West Indies in the final. The wicket-keeper batter got famous due to his extraordinary performance. Later on, Rishabh didn’t have to wait too much as his batting skills were meeting the expectations of selectors. Let’s have a look at the interesting facts about Rishabh Pant.
1. Risbah Pant was born in Roorkee, Uttarakhand on 4th October 1997 to Rajendra pant and Saroj pant.
2. Rishabh Pant hit the fastest 50 at the U19 level, which came in the 2016 U19 World cup against Nepal in just 18 balls.
3. In the 2016 Ranji season, flamboyant Rishabh Pant smashed the fastest century in Ranji Trophy history in just 48 balls against Jharkhand.
4. Pant’s batting suits the T20 format. Rishabh made an incredible record too in the format, hitting the 2nd fastest T20 hundred of all time, in just 32 balls against Himachal in the 2017 pre-Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
5. Delhi Capitals bought Rishabh Pant in 2016 and till now he plays for them only. The southpaw has the 2nd highest individual score by an Indian in IPL, 128* off 63 balls against SRH in 2018.
6. On 1 February 2017, Rishabh became the youngest Indian to play T20I at the age of 19 years 120 days but later Washington Sundar broke it.
7. Rishabh is as good in keeping as his batting. Pant made a historical record against Australia in a test in 2018 in Adelaide, grabbing 11 catches which is the most by any Indian wicket-keeper in the longest format of the game.
8. The Delhite batter may look like a T20 folk but test cricket is his master format. His several records in tests are
i) Fastest Indian wicket-keeper to score 1000 test runs in 27 innings.
ii) Quickest Indian cricketer to hit 50 in test in 28 balls against Sri Lanka in 2022.
iii) Fastest to affect 50 dismissals in test in 11 innings.
9. Rishabh Pant’s most valuable innings was 97 off 118 balls in Sydney in 2021. That heroics helped India to draw the test match and in the next match, Pant accumulated an important unbeaten 89 to retain the Border Gavaskar Trophy for India.
10. Pant’s estimated net worth is $8.5 million.
11. Rishabh wears jersey no 17 for India and Delhi Capitals.
12. On 30th December 2022, the star cricketer Rishabh Pant met a horrific car accident on the Delhi-Dehradun highway as he was going to meet his mother for New year. His car crashed into the divider and caught fire later. Fortunately, Pant Survived the fatal accident and sustained a few injuries on his body.
Senior Cricket Content Editor at Skyblogs Cricket.
Contact me at email@example.com