How old is Rahul Dravid?
Rahul Dravid is 47 years old as of 2020.
Who is Rahul Dravid?
Rahul Dravid is a former Indian cricketer who has scored 13288 runs in 164 test matches and 10889 runs in 344 ODI matches in his 16 years of a cricketing career (1996-2012).
What is Rahul Dravid’s wife’s name?
Rahul Dravid’s wife’s name is Vijeta Pendharkar and she is a surgeon by profession.
When was Rahul Dravid born?
R Dravid was born in 1973 on 11th January.
Who all are in Rahul Dravid’s family?
Father’s name- Sharad Dravid
Mother’s name- Pushpa Dravid
Wife- Vijeta Pendharkar
Brother- Vijay Dravid
Sons- Samit Dravid(2005) and Anvay Dravid (2009)
How many runs has Rahul Dravid scored in IPL?
Rahul Dravid has scored 2174 runs in 89 IPL matches with a strike rate of 115.5.
How tall is Rahul Dravid?
Rahul Dravid is 5 ft 11 inches tall.
How many followers Rahul Dravid has on Instagram?
Rahul doesn’t have any official account on Instagram.
How much is the net worth of R Dravid?
Rahul Dravid’s estimated net worth is US$ 14.3 million.
When did Rahul Dravid retire from International cricket?
In march 2012 R Dravid retired from international cricket.
Where is Rahul Dravid from?
Dravid was born in Indore in 1973 but he was brought up in Bangalore.
How many followers Dravid has on Twitter?
Rahul Dravid doesn’t have any official Twitter account.
Is Rahul Dravid a Brahmin?
Yes, R Dravid is a Brahmin.
Is Rahul Dravid a better batsman than Sachin Tendulkar?
It’s quite hard to say because we are talking about two of the greatest batsmen of Indian cricket. But we can have a look at their stats in order to compare them.
Dravid has 13288 Test runs in 164 matches with an average of 52.3. He has hit 36 centuries and 63 half-centuries. In ODI format Rahul Dravid has 10889 runs in 344 matches with an average of 39.2. Rahul has made 12 centuries & 83 half-centuries.
Sachin Tendulkar has made 15291 runs in 200 Test matches with an average of 53.8. He has scored 51 centuries and 68 half-centuries.
Sachin has notched up 18426 runs in 463 ODI matches with an average of 44.8. He has 49 centuries and 99 half-centuries in the One Day format.
For which County team did Rahul Dravid play?
Rahul Dravid played for KENT County Cricket club in the year 2000.
At which stadium Rahul Dravid completed his 10000 test runs?
Dravid completed his 10000 test runs at Chinnaswamy stadium on 29th march in 2008. India was playing the match against South Africa and Rahul made 80 runs in the match.
How many men of the match awards Rahul Dravid has won in International cricket?
Rahul has won 25 Man of the Match awards in International cricket (14 in ODI and 11 in Test)
How many tournaments India have won under Rahul Dravid’s captainship?
India has won 4 test series against West Indies in West Indies, England on their soil, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh in tests under Rahul Dravid’s captaincy.
Rahul Dravid’s captaincy record
The gentleman has 42 wins in 79 ODIs as a captain and 8 wins in 25 test matches.
What is the blood group of former Indian captain Rahul Dravid?
Dravid has not revealed his blood group ever publicly.
How many ducks Rahul Dravid has in test cricket?
It’s quite amazing that Dravid has never got out for a duck in 286 test innings he has played.
What is Rahul Dravid’s highest score in Chinnaswamy stadium?
Probably 80 runs against South Africa in 2008 in tests is Rahul Dravid’s highest score at Chinnaswamy stadium.
At which stadium Rahul completed 10000 ODI runs?
At Nehru Stadium, Goa Dravid completed 10000 ODI runs in 2007 against Sri Lanka in 309 matches.
Which company used to sponsor Rahul Dravid’s bat?
Britannia, SG company used to sponsor Rahul Dravid’s bat.
What can one learn from R Dravid?
One person can learn many things from the former cricketer.
- How to show composure in order to thrive because Rahul Dravid’s batting teaches us to wait for an opportunity in life until then keep improving ourselves. He himself also used to do the same thing: keep defending the ball until he gets a loose ball.
- He has always been a gentleman on and off the field, other people’s opinions have never bothered him. He has always replied to everyone with his performances. One person should do the same in life.
- Always be respectful to everyone throughout his career Dravid has probably never disrespected his colleagues and rivals.
- Always stay calm no matter what. Dravid had barely lost his cool on the field. Whether it was the umpire’s wrong decision, sledging he has remained normal always.
- Rahul Dravid’s 180 against Australia at Eden Gardens in 2001 assisted India to win the match. India lost 4 wickets at 254, afterward, Dravid shared 376 runs partnership for 5th wicket. VVS Laxman and Dravid made 281 and 180 apiece. India posted 657 runs in the second innings before declaring. Dravid showed what is the power of a “never give up attitude”.
How many times R Dravid has batted at the No 3 position?
Rahul Dravid has batted at no 3 positions 219 times and scored 10524 runs with a career-best of 270 runs against Pakistan in 2004.
How many times Rahul Dravid has come to bat for India?
Dravid has batted for India 605 times in 509 matches.
Why didn’t R Dravid play in the Road safety series?
Due to some unforeseen reasons, Dravid didn’t play in the Road safety series.
How many double centuries Dravid has made in test cricket?
Rahul Dravid has made 5 double centuries in test cricket.
- 200* vs Zimbabwe in 2000 at Feroz Shah Kotla.
- 217 vs England in 2002 at Oval, England.
- 222 vs New Zealand in 2003 at Sardar Patel Stadium, Gujarat
- 233 vs Australia at Adelaide Oval in 2003
- 270 vs Pakistan at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium in 2004
What was Rahul Dravid’s prediction about the 2019 Cricket World Cup?
Rahul opined that as India started 2019 with a series win in Australia and thrashed New Zealand by 3-0 in their home ground, India is one of the favorites to be in the final.
How many centuries Dravid has in first-class cricket?
In 298 first-class matches, Rahul Dravid has 68 centuries.
Why is Rahul Dravid one of the best cricketers in the world?
There are many records that make R Dravid one of the best Cricketers in the world.
- Rahul became the 1st player to score a century in each Test-playing nation in 2004.
- He was the first player to get the ICC Test player of the year award in 2004.
- Dravid has taken the most number of catches in test cricket (210).
- Rahul has faced the most number of balls in the history of test cricket (31258 balls)
- Dravid is the only batsman who has never got out for a duck in Test cricket.
- Rahul has been involved in the most number of century partnerships in cricket history (88).
- He has above 10000 runs in both formats of the game which makes him stand among the crowd.
- Dravid has scored runs against the best bowlers in the world at that time (from 1996-2011), like Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee, Waqar Younis, Wasim Akram, Courtney Walsh, Shane Warne, Shaun Pollock, Muttiah Muralitharan.
- Dravid scored the most number of runs for India in the 1999 Cricket world cup (461 runs) in 8 matches.
How many runs has Rahul Dravid made in the ICC World Cups?
He has scored 860 runs in 22 matches in three world cups (1999,2003,2007) combinedly.