Whenever we talk about swing bowling, we have to take the name of veteran English seam bowler James Anderson. He is the most lethal bowler the world has ever seen in seaming and swinging conditions. Anderson has been spearheading the bowling department of England after the retirement of Stephen Harmison, Matthew Hoggard. With his outstanding swing bowling, Jimmy has made many batsmen dance. He is one of the few bowlers whose career has been prolonged with his age not shrunken. There are some interesting facts about James Anderson, king of swing, which will amuse you.
Interesting Facts About James Anderson
- James Anderson was born on 30th July 1982 in Burnley, Lancashire.
- From his childhood, he wanted to be a cricketer. He used to go to ST Theodore’s RC High School in Burnley. Anderson started playing for the Burnley cricket club at a young age.
- At the age of 17, James Anderson was the fastest bowler of the Lancashire Cricket Club.
- Anderson’s teammates call him “Jimmy”.
- The 6ft 2-inch guy made his first appearance in first-class cricket for Lancashire in 2002. He ended his season with 50 wickets in 13 matches at an impressive average of 22.28. His maiden wicket was former England cricketer Ian Ward.
- Anderson became the youngest Lancashire player to take a hat-trick in 2003. His victims were Darren Robinson, Nasser Hussain, and Will Jefferson.
- James Anderson made his international debut against Australia in an ODI match in 2002, he returned with 6/46 in 6 overs.
- In his very first test match against Zimbabwe, he took a 5-wicket haul at Lord’s.
- Anderson is the first English bowler to take a hat-trick in ODI, he got Abdul Razzaq, Shoaib Akhtar, and Mohammad Sami.
- Bowling to Sachin Tendulkar was not an easy task for any bowler. His wicket was always a prize wicket for every bowler. But for James Anderson it was different, he got the best batsman of the world, Sachin Tendulkar 9 times in his career, which is the most by any bowler.
- Anderson is the highest wicket-taker among fast bowlers in the test, with 617 wickets in 162 matches.
- James Anderson has done miracles with the ball in international cricket. He has taken 50 wickets against all 7 major test-playing countries- India, Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, West Indies, and Sri Lanka.
- The ace fast bowler has grabbed thirty 5-wicket hauls in the test, which is 2nd highest by any seamer in the longest format of the game.
- In 2021, Anderson became one of the few bowlers to take 1000 first-class wickets.
- James Anderson is involved in the highest 10th wicket partnership in Tests, they fabricated 198 runs for the 10th wicket at Nottingham against India in 2014. Broad contributed with 81 runs for his team.
- Once in an interview with BBC in 2012, Jimmy Anderson revealed that he didn’t enjoy playing under Micheal Vaughan’s captaincy. He said- “Unfortunately, Despite our cordiality now, I didn’t enjoy Vaughan as captain. A good captain should know how to talk to his teammates as individuals. I don’t think Vaughan ever had that in a major reason I have not held him as in as high regard as others have. He was not as good as a captain as others made out.”
- Anderson is one of the most handsome cricketers in the world. But he disclosed that he is not good at talking to girls. He is learning it as bowling from the new England teammates.
- In support of the LGBTQ community, Anderson posed for “Attitude” magazine in 2010, so that if there is any gay in cricket circuit, can freely live being a homosexual.
- James Anderson married English model Daniella Lloyd in 2006. They are blessed with two children.
- For his services in English Cricket, Anderson became the officer of the order of the British Empire” in 2015.
- His jersey number is 9.
- Anderson’s net worth is estimated to be $8.2 million.
Senior Cricket Content Editor at Skyblogs Cricket.
Contact me at email@example.com