If we talk about all-rounders in the current era, Marcus Stoinis has to be on the list. In his very 2nd test, he showed the world what he was capable of doing by smashing a gutsy century. Afterward, he became a regular member in the limited overside. For his all-round display, he is featured in every franchise league in the world. Today Stoinis is celebrating his 32nd birthday, let’s have a look at some interesting facts about Marcus Stoinis.
Interesting Facts About Marcus Stoinis.
- Marcus Peter Stoinis was born on 16th August 1989 in Perth, Western Australia.
- Stoinis represented Australia in the 2008 U-19 World Cup. He also played in the Hongkong Sixes tournament in 2009 along with Glenn Maxwell and Josh Hazlewood.
- Marcus Stoinis played his first match in List A cricket against in 2008-09 in Ford Ranger Cup. and made his first-class debut in Sheffield Shield against Queensland.
- In his childhood, the Western Australia wanted to be an architect.
- His nickname name is “The Oil Rig”, as he likes to use olive oil.
- Due to lack of form, he lost his Western Australia contract and moved to Northcote side after his teammate Theo Doropoulus suggested him to do so.
- For the Northcote team, Stoinis hit 4 centuries and averaged 1000, which grabbed the attention of the Victoria selectors. Stoinis scored 785 runs in 10 matches in the Shaffield Shield in 2014.
- Marcus Stoinis made his first appearance in international cricket in a T20 match against England in 2015. He amassed 10 runs and bowled only one over in the match.
- His ODI debut came just after a month of his T20 debut, on 31st September 2015 against England.
- Stoinis has scored the 2nd highest score batting at No.7 in his 2nd ODI against England, 146*. He also grabbed 3 wickets in the match.
- Stoinis was bought by Delhi Capitals in 2015 for $52000. But didn’t play a single match to play.
- The hard hitting all-rounder started his Big Bash League career with Perth Scorchers but just after one year, Melbourne Stars roped him in the squad from the 2013-14 season.
- Marcus Stoinis played in the Northampton Premier League in 2012 for Peterborough Town Cricket Club and in one game he also got an iconic hattrick.
- In a practice match in 2015, Stoinis smashed 6 sixes in six balls against Brendon Smith playing for National Performance Squad. But it didn’t get recognition as it was a warm-up game.
- In 2018, Marcus Stoinis played for one of the best County Side, Kent.
- Stoinis wears jersey number is 17.
- His estimated net worth is $1.2 million.
Senior Cricket Content Editor at Skyblogs Cricket.
Contact me at email@example.com