Rashid Khan is a very popular name nowadays in the cricket world. He is an excellent leg spinner, has already deceived star batsmen like Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni, AB DE Villiers, Chris Gayle, and Maxwell in his professional career. He is one of the mainstays behind the rise of Afghanistan cricket at the highest level. He has emerged from a country with no cricketing infra-structure. He bowls a bit quicker than other leggies, googly being his most dangerous delivery. Rashid has got a quick arm rotation along with a fast run-up. The batsmen all over the world struggle to read his wrist. His consistent bowling on good length makes him one of the most lethal wrist spinners in the world. There are some interesting facts about Rashid Khan, which may astonish the cricket fans. Let’s talk about them.
Interesting Facts About Rashid Khan
- Rashid Khan Arman, who is generally known as Rashid Khan was born on 20th September 1998 in Nangarhar, Afghanistan. It’s a very small area of Afghanistan. Rashid is a true example of a successful sportsperson, from having nothing to have his name in everyone’s mouth due to his exceptional bowling ability.
- Rashid has a big family. He has ten siblings, used to play cricket with them. Rashid was the youngest among his siblings. He has made all of his siblings proud by playing the best possible cricket for his country at the international level.
- Rashid Khan Arman’s bowling idol is Pakistani legend Shahid Afridi. But when it comes to batting Virat Kohli is his favorite.
- Rashid’s jersey number is 19, but he was seen wearing a 4 no jersey in a test match.
- Rashid Khan played in the 2016 U-19 World Cup for Afghanistan. He was the highest wicket-taker for his country there with 10 scalps in 6 matches.
- Rashid Khan made his first appearance in international cricket in an ODI match against Zimbabwe on 18th October 2015 at the age of 17. He bagged only one wicket in his first ODI match. He has taken 140 wickets in 74 ODI matches so far, with an incredible average of 18.57, which is the best by any bowler in ODI cricket history.
- Rashid is the quickest bowler to take 100 wickets in One Day International, reaching the milestone in just 44 innings, 8 innings fewer than previous record-holder Mitchell Starc.
- The spin wizard from Afghanistan is the youngest cricketer to captain a side in ODIs at the age of 19 years and 165 days. He led his side in the qualifiers of the ICC 2019 World Cup.
- Khan’s 7 for 18 against West Indies in 2017 at Gros Islet in an ODI match is the best bowling figure by an associate cricket nation and the 4th best in the history of ODI cricket.
- In 2015, Rashid Khan became the youngest Afghan player to play a T20I match. He made his debut at the age of 17 years and 36 days. He was also a part of Afghanistan’s team in the 2016 T20 World Cup. He ended as being the 2nd highest wicket-taker, 11 wickets in 67matches. Rashid also holds few records in T20I-
- Rashid khan is the quickest bowler to take 50 T20I wickets in terms Of, in just 2 years & 220 days.
- He has an horrendous bowling average in T20 international, 12.63, Which is the best in the history of T20I.
- Rashid has always been in the record book for his outstanding performances, but he holds the bizarre record of having the most expensive bowling figure by a bowler on debut , 2/154 in 34.4 overs. The test match was played against India in 2018. It was Afghanistan’s first-ever test match.
- Rashid Khan Arman became the youngest ever captain to lead a country in a test match in 2019 against Bangladesh. He was 20 years and 350 days old at that time.
- The Afghan magician is also the youngest player to be on the top of the ICC ODI ranking, he became the No 1 ODI bowler in 2018.
- ICC bestowed Rashid Khan “The T20 Player of the Decade “ award for his golden run with the ball from 2010 to 2020. He grabbed 89 wickets in 48 matches in that period with an impressive average of 12.62.
- Rashid khan is the 2nd Afghan player after Mohammad Nabi to get a bid in the IPL auction. The one time IPL champion Sunrisers Hyderabad bought him for INR 4 Cr in 2017. Rashid’s ability to bowl wicket to wicket with variety drew the attention of the SRH management.
- Rashid khan’s stupendous spin bowling and hard-hitting ability have increased his demand in the all T20 league in the world. Khan has been featured in BBL, PSL, BPL, CPL, Vitality Blast, Mzansi Super League, etc.
- Rashid Khan has set a record in T20 professional cricket also. He is the youngest bowler to grab 300 T20 wickets in just 213 games.
- His estimated net worth is $3 million.
Rashid Khan’s Career Stats
|Format||Matches||Wickets||Bowling Average||Strike Rate||Economy||BBF||4-Wickets||5-Wicktes|