One of the most entertaining cricketers the world has ever seen is Dwayne Bravo. He is someone who can slog well, has varieties in his bowling, and is acrobatic on the field. Apart from all these Bravo makes people happy with his unique dance celebration on the field. Bravo’s all-round ability makes him one of the most valuable players in the T20s in the world. There are some interesting facts about Dwayne Bravo, which will put you in awe.
Interesting Facts About Dwayne Bravo
- Dwayne John Bravo was born on 7th October 1983 in Santa Cruz, Trinidad, and Tobago. As a kid, he would play beach cricket and football.
- Bravo’s nicknames are “Johnny”, “DJ Bravo”, and “The Champion”.
- Bravo made his first presence in first-class cricket for Trinidad and Tobago against Barbados in 2002. He returned with 15 and 16 runs respectively in his first two innings. The 5 ft 9-inch bowler didn’t bowl in his first match.
- Dwayne Bravo shined in first-class cricket in 2003, he scored a century and took his career-best in the longest format of the game 6/11 against Windward Island.
- Brian Lara is Dwayne Bravo’s relative. Darren Bravo’s grandfather is Lara’s mother’s brother. Darren and Dwayne Bravo are half-brothers. Lara regarded Dwayne Bravo as the future superstar of the West Indies when he started his career.
- Dwayne Bravo’s half-brother Darren Bravo also represents West Indies in international cricket. He has played 52 Tests and 119 ODIs to date.
- Bravo played his maiden ODI match against England in 2004. West Indies let him bowl 6 overs and he returned with 2-31.
- The Caribbean all-rounder’s test debut came against England in the same year at Lord’s. Bravo scored 54 runs and bagged 3 wickets at the “Mecca of Crikcet”. It was a dream test series for Bravo, as he scored 220 runs and took 16 wickets with the best bowling of 6/55 in Manchester.
- Dwayne Bravo hit his first test century against South Africa in 2005, 107.
- Bravo was a member of the West Indian team which won the 2004 Champions Trophy. He scalped 5 wickets in 4 matches.
- Dwayne John Bravo made his T20I debut against New Zealand in 2006. In his T20I career, he has taken 76 wickets and made 1229 runs in 86 games.
- The Trinidad-born player has been a part of the West Indian side which won the 2012 & 2016 T20 World Cup.
- The West Indies cricket board made Bravo the captain for the India tour in 2014. But due to a salary dispute, the tour was called off and later Bravo was sacked from his post. He was later excluded from the 2015 World Cup squad.
- In 2015, Dwayne Bravo bid adieu to Test cricket.
- Bravo announced retirement from international cricket in 2018 to focus on franchise cricket but in 2019 he came out of retirement to prepare for the 2021 T20 World Cup.
- Mumbai Indians signed Bravo in the inaugural season of IPL. After a few matches, he had to go back to the Caribbean Island to play the home series against Australia. MI owner Mukesh Ambani arranged his private jet to send him home on time.
- Bravo is the first player to win the Purple Cap twice in the IPL. He took 32 wickets in 2013 and 26 wickets in the 2015 season.
- The premium all-rounder has played in the English County Crikcet also- Essex (2010), Kent (2006), and Middlesex (2018).
- Apart from playing cricket, Dwayne Bravo loves to sing. To celebrate the success of the 2016 T20 World Cup win, he released his first song “Champion” in 2016.
- Bravo is one of the three players to score 1000 runs and take 50 wickets respectively in all three formats.
- Bravo’s jersey number is 47.
- The sappy cricketer’s estimated net worth is $9 million.
Senior Cricket Content Editor at Skyblogs Cricket.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org