After Kapil Dev, Ravindra Jadeja has been India’s one of the most reliable all-rounders. With his excellent batting, bowling, and fielding he is a key member of the Indian cricket team currently. In modern cricket, Jadeja has raised the standard of fielding and stunned the globe with his golden arms. Representing India in more than 250 matches, Jadeja has grabbed more than 400 wickets so far. There are some amazing facts about Ravindra Jadeja, which fans should know.
Interesting Facts About Ravindra Jadeja
- Ravindra Jadeja was born on 6th December 1988 in Jamnagar, Gujarat in a Rajput family. His father Anirudh used to work as a watchman for a private agency. His mother Lata who died in a road accident in 2005, was a nurse by profession. His sibling Naina is also a nurse.
- His father Anirudh wanted him to be an army officer, but it was his mother who supported his dream of being a cricketer.
- After losing his mother at the age of 17, Jadeja was in grief and didn’t want to pursue his dream to be a cricketer.
- The southpaw has got many nicknames like- “Jaddu”, “Rockstar”, and “Sir Jadeja”. Aussie legend Shane Warne gave him the name Rockstar during his stay with Rajasthan Royals.
- The 16-year-old Ravindra Jadeja made it to the 2006 U-19 World Cup team. India faced Pakistan but couldn’t win the trophy, Jadeja bagged 3 wickets in the final. BCCI again selected him in the Indian team for the 2008 World Cup in Singapore, but this time Jadaje won the trophy as vice-captain, India defeated South Africa in the finals. He took 10 wickets in 6 matches for India in the tournament.
- Jadeja played his maiden first-class match in 2006-07 Duleep Trophy for West Zone and he plays for Saurashtra in domestic cricket.
- Ravindra Jadeja is the first Indian player and eighth overall player in the globe to score three triple centuries in first-class cricket.
- Following an outstanding all-around performance in the 2008-09 Ranji Trophy, where he grabbed 42 wickets and made 739 runs, BCCI picked up Jadeja for the ODIs against Sri Lanka in 2009. He scored 60* and went wicketless in his first ODI match at Colombo.
- India won their 2nd Champions Trophy in 2013 under MS Dhoni’s leadership. Jadeja played a crucial role in winning that tournament, bagging 12 wickets in 5 matches, and becoming the Golden Ball winner.
- The spin magician is the fourth Indian to become the No 1 bowler in the ICC ODI ranking, he achieved the feat in 2013.
- Ravi Jadeja made his test debut against England in 2012. He picked up three wickets in his first test match.
- Jadeja is the fastest left-arm bowler to take 150 test wickets in 32 games.
- Ravindra is the 3rd player among Indians to score 2000 runs and get 150 wickets in ODI.
- His life’s best batting performance has been 77 runs off 59 balls against New Zealand in the 2019 World Cup semi-finals. Although India couldn’t win the match and got knocked out by the Kiwis.
- Ravindra Jadeja was a part of the inaugural IPL winning Rajasthan Royals team. In 2011, Kochi Tuskers Kerala roped him in for $950000. But afterward, he has been playing for Chennai Super Kings for 9 years now.
- Jadeja is the 3rd Indian cricketer after MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli to play 50 matches in all three formats apiece.
- Sir Jadeja got the prestigious “Arjuna Award” in 2019.
- BCCI honored him with the “Madhavrao Scindia” award for taking the highest wickets (42 wickets in 9 matches).
- Jadeja is fond of riding horses. He has three horses in his farmhouse.
- Like many cricketers, Jadeja is also in the restaurant business also. He owns a restaurant called “Jaddu’s Food Field” in Rajkot.
- The fine all-rounder from Gujarat wears 8 No jersey.
- Ravindra Jadeja got married to Reeva Solanki in 2017. They have a baby girl together.
- Jadeja’s estimated net worth is $8 million.
Ravindra Jadeja’s father’s name is Anirudhsinh Jadeja.
Jadeja’s mother tongue is assumed to be Gujrati.
Jadeja’s child’s name is Nidhyana.
Senior Cricket Content Editor at Skyblogs Cricket.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org